Monday 25 February 2008

Hurrah for Tilda Swinton!

My Darlings, I feel I must bolster my occasional sorrowful rants with some hopeful encouragement. Of course the majority of you will never become legendary beauties such as myself; and you will almost certainly never reach the heights of sophistication that I happily inhabit but some like the brave few souls mentioned below fight for the cause of glamour and for them I must hold a torch.

There are those in Hollywood who do a rather good job at achieving the status of ‘Glamorous’ and though the specificities are debatable I feel I should champion those that may otherwise be maligned. A case in point is the marvellous Tilda Swinton. Not only did she win an Oscar for best supporting actress last night (An award I can only assume she deserved as I did not see the film in question) but Tilda Swinton chose to go for a look some may consider rather left field. She looked pale and peculiar and daringly shunned the architectural make-up that so many Hollywood divas favour. I for one thought she looked rather splendid and I applaud her heroic efforts. Congratulations Tilda!!

Love as Always Coco LaVerne!!...